I have a 165 gallon freshwater tank. There are no plants in my tank and I keep primarily angel fish that I feed up to 3x a day. My filtration is a canister filter, Rena XP4.
My nitrates are around 30mg/l and I am thinking of getting the aquaripure. My question is:
1. Once I install the large filter do I at any point need to shut off and remove my Rena filter?
2. If yes to 1. then how long do I wait till I shut off my filter?
3. Do I EVER need to clean out the aquaripure filter?
4. I have a coarse sponge in the tank before the water goes down to where the filter will sit, do I need to remove that pre-filter sponge?
5. If the aquaripure needs to have the drip rate checked every 2 days or so, what should I expect when I go on vacation for 2 weeks?
Overall it looks like a very interesting product.