Ok, I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while, as it would be awesome to just top off my tank big instead of doing a weekly water change. However, I have a few questions. I apologize if you've answered them in previous posts, if this is really long or if it's something really obvious!
1) How do these work on heavily planted tanks? I add a liquid fertilizer and want to make sure it won't remove anything that my plants like to eat. I'm also worried how my plants would do in a tank tank with zero nitrates, as I know they absorb the nitrates in my tank currently.
2) Your site recommends using this with some sort of mechanical filter as well (not a problem as I never run chemical filtration). I was wondering if this needed to be separate, or if I could put a sponge prefilter on the uptake for the Aquaripure.
3) The site also says that the water needs to be aerated after leaving the filter. Does this mean that it will be very noisy, or is there a way of avoiding the sound of water falling into the tank?
4) This may be a strange one: the site says to use sugar water or vodka to "feed" the denitrator. I currently have DIY co2 and in the spirit of conservation, was wondering if it would be possible to use the leftovers after the co2 has been produced to "feed" the aquaripure.
5)Does this come with *all* the parts I need to run a filtration system for my tank (except for mechanical filtration), or will I need to purchase any pumps, powerheads, etc?
6) Last question! How energy efficient is this compared to the average canister filter (I use the Magnum 350 right now)? I figured since it was based on low-flow it would be very efficient, but I wanted to check.
Thanks a lot!! You may see my order coming through very soon...just waiting for my economic stimulus check. Doing my part as an American :P