Aquaripure Review - Page 2
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Aquarium Forum Sponsors » Aquaripure » Aquaripure Review

Aquaripure Review

This is a discussion on Aquaripure Review within the Aquaripure forums, part of the Aquarium Forum Sponsors category; -->...

 
Old 04-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #11
 






Taekado is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #12
 
Finally got the nitrates to 0!!!! The denitrator is about 2 months old and I believe the bacteria colony has finally matured. I have not done a water change since the start, but I do vacuum the bottom. The only other filtration used is a micron filter pad and carbon / phosphate bag.

My inhabitants:
10 glass cat fish (sensitive to water quality, looking great)
10 black skirt tetra
40 black neon tetra
10 black emperor tetra
20 neon tetra
2 killi fish
1 pleco
1 Chinese algea eater
1 Siemese algea eater
Taekado is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #13
 
Aquaripure's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taekado View Post
Finally got the nitrates to 0!!!! The denitrator is about 2 months old and I believe the bacteria colony has finally matured. I have not done a water change since the start, but I do vacuum the bottom. The only other filtration used is a micron filter pad and carbon / phosphate bag.

AWESOME! Thanks for posting and spreading the good word.
Aquaripure is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #14
 
1077's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taekado View Post
Finally got the nitrates to 0!!!! The denitrator is about 2 months old and I believe the bacteria colony has finally matured. I have not done a water change since the start, but I do vacuum the bottom. The only other filtration used is a micron filter pad and carbon / phosphate bag.

My inhabitants:
10 glass cat fish (sensitive to water quality, looking great)
10 black skirt tetra
40 black neon tetra
10 black emperor tetra
20 neon tetra
2 killi fish
1 pleco
1 Chinese algea eater
1 Siemese algea eater

I would assume when vaccuming the bottom that water is removed and then replaced?
1077 is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #15
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1077 View Post
I would assume when vaccuming the bottom that water is removed and then replaced?
It was vacuumed, and by gravity it was passed through two 100 micron filter pads and carbon, then fed back into the sump. Since the sump pumps water back to the display above, I can vacuum as much as I want. I did this technique to ensure that the vacuuming did not contribute to the nitrate decrease, but then realized that it was highly effective and easy, so I decided to add it to my routine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Taekado; 05-19-2011 at 11:10 AM..
Taekado is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #16
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaripure View Post
AWESOME! Thanks for posting and spreading the good word.
You make one hell of a device there! I don't know what is in there, but my nitrates went from 40 ppm to 0 pp in 2 months, no water changes, fully stocked tank. Very pleased! This was just a test, I have something bigger in mind, big tuna comes to my mind!
Posted via Mobile Device
Taekado is offline  
Old 05-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #17
 
Aquaripure's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taekado View Post
You make one hell of a device there! I don't know what is in there, but my nitrates went from 40 ppm to 0 pp in 2 months, no water changes, fully stocked tank. Very pleased! This was just a test, I have something bigger in mind, big tuna comes to my mind!
Posted via Mobile Device
The Big Tuna's are now in stock so whenever you are ready
Aquaripure is offline  
Old 05-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #18
 
Aquaripure

I keep hearing about the cost of an Aquaripure being expensive and how you can remove nitrates by water changes. A water change big enough to lower ( not remove ) nitrates does not come cheap- salt being very expensive. I don't have room for masses of water waiting round to do water changes. At best a partial water change will only DILUTE nitrates. An Aquaripure will REMOVE nitrates for ever.
Ratz is offline  
Old 06-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #19
 
Pearl2011's Avatar
 
Am I able to purchase this in stores? My fish would thank me if I could, lol
Pearl2011 is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #20
 
just out of curiosity im going to be starting a 55 gallon reef tank would you reccomend a refuguim as well as the aquaripure? also what filtraton would you recomend with this system?
scuba1220steve is offline  
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.