Identification - Honey Gourami or not? - Page 2 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 03-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Member
 
I wasn't even paying attention to location. Oh well!
Flint is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 18 Old 03-23-2014, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
My gourami may really like it. When I have some shipping money I may just take you up on your offer. (: I have Java Fern and Cryptocoryne Wendtii currently but I really want some Anubias next. My Java Fern is propagating like crazy, I hope I can replace the mother plants with all of the plantlets, my mother plants aren't doing awesome from the lack of light they were getting in their last home. My tank was a kit, too, but it came with incandescents so I had to replace them to move the plants in. My only issue now is that it's an algae farm but I'm getting a nerite here soon to take care of that.

I wonder if there's a way to kill the snail eggs so I don't infest my tank. I'm loving the snail-free thing.
I will be pulling some out again next weekend. I am sure it will not take up much cash to send you them. Maybe you can send a baby crypt back in the same box or something. I can make sure what I send is at least visibly snail free.
OutlawDeke is offline  
post #13 of 18 Old 03-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Member
 
peachii's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDeke View Post
I will be pulling some out again next weekend. I am sure it will not take up much cash to send you them. Maybe you can send a baby crypt back in the same box or something. I can make sure what I send is at least visibly snail free.

It's unfortunately literally against the law to ship plants/fish/snails across the border without the proper certifications. If you get caught by customs you could face fines, jail time and even be put on the No-Fly list.

<a href=http://www.bettafish.com/ximage.php,qtype=sigpic,auserid=46514,adateline=1393201024.pagespeed.ic.e0OwTLsbn5.jpg target=_blank>http://www.bettafish.com/ximage.php,...e0OwTLsbn5.jpg</a> Princess George <3
peachii is offline  
post #14 of 18 Old 03-24-2014, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachii View Post
It's unfortunately literally against the law to ship plants/fish/snails across the border without the proper certifications. If you get caught by customs you could face fines, jail time and even be put on the No-Fly list.
Missed SeaHorse's post on that earlier. Guess I will have to look elsewhere to get rid of it!
OutlawDeke is offline  
post #15 of 18 Old 03-25-2014, 07:07 PM
New Member
 
KathyR's Avatar
 
here is a more clear image of what you have to expect your fish to blossom into.

source: http://gourami-fish.com/honey-species/
KathyR is offline  
post #16 of 18 Old 03-25-2014, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyR View Post
here is a more clear image of what you have to expect your fish to blossom into.

source: http://gourami-fish.com/honey-species/
Those are very cute, Kathy. So my guys will yellow?
OutlawDeke is offline  
post #17 of 18 Old 03-25-2014, 09:33 PM
TFK Moderator
 
SeaHorse's Avatar
 
Aquarium
Honeys come in a huge variety of intensities of colour. I have 2 and they are completely different and don't look like any in that picture. But they have an orange glow and are Honeys. Some are more brown and dull and some are incredibly bright like the photo, and from yellow gold to orange.
IF you have a male... you should see him colour up some. Try to give them overhead coverage for a sense of peace. They are timid without overhead cover.

Every kid, regardless of what they are going through, is ONE caring adult away from being a success story. ~ Josh Shipp, Teen Behavior Expert
SeaHorse is offline  
post #18 of 18 Old 03-25-2014, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse View Post
Honeys come in a huge variety of intensities of colour. I have 2 and they are completely different and don't look like any in that picture. But they have an orange glow and are Honeys. Some are more brown and dull and some are incredibly bright like the photo, and from yellow gold to orange.
IF you have a male... you should see him colour up some. Try to give them overhead coverage for a sense of peace. They are timid without overhead cover.
Well, there is plenty of duckweed for cover as you know. They aren't shy at all and are very cute.

They are white kinda in the same way a lamp. brichardi might be, although not as brilliant. There is a light purple hue visible when they move.

I won't be upset if their colour doesn't change, just wanted to know if that LFS was full of it.
OutlawDeke is offline  
Reply

Tags
honey gourami , white , wild caught

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference between Dwarf Honey Gourami, Honey gourami, and Dwarf Flame Gourami fishysrfun Anabantids 2 08-17-2012 06:25 PM
honey gourami with existing golden gourami? dorabaker Freshwater and Tropical Fish 5 08-23-2010 08:58 PM
Honey Gourami Sadie Tropical Fish Diseases 13 03-06-2007 10:50 PM
honey gourami Sadie Tropical Fish Diseases 5 02-15-2007 07:46 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome